The United States Mint will begins sales of the 2022 American Eagle proof gold coins and sets later today. A total of five products will be available starting at Noon Eastern, 9:00 AM Pacific on the Mint’s website. This year, like the silver American Eagle releases, there will only be the new Type-2 Reverse that was introduced last year available. As is normally the case with gold coin releases by the Mint, the 2022 American Eagle proof gold coins will be limited in production.
Here are the products and links to them on the Mint’s site that will be available. Each listing below will have its mintage and production limits parenthetically next to the price. At the time of this article, the Mint has not released the pricing on any of the products. The Mint will release the official pricing on release day based on the spot bullion price of gold.
- American Eagle Proof 4-Coin Set (Mintage Limit: None/Production Limit: 10,000) – $5332.50
- American Eagle 1-Ounce Proof (Mintage Limit: 16,000/Production Limit: 6,000) – $2850.00
- American Eagle 1/2-Ounce Proof (Mintage Limit: 12,000/Production Limit: 2,000) – $1450.00
- American Eagle 1/25-Ounce Proof (Mintage Limit: 14,500/Production Limit: 4,500) – $752.50
- American Eagle 1/10-Ounce Proof (Mintage Limit: 24,000/Production Limit: 14,000) – $330.00
Historically, the 4-coin set tends to be the first to sell out when the gold proof Eagles are released and that will likely be the case again. However, all of these products historically sell out within a few days so if you want to add them to your collection or portfolio, be sure to be on the Mint’s site at Noon Eastern. Sales could be accelerated this year, as they were last year, due to the demand for bullion products from the Mint.