Professional Coin Grading Service (www.PCGS.com) will begin encapsulating United States Mint serialized Certificates of Authenticity, or COA, alongside the coins they guarantee. The service will also provide a pedigree on the coin insert with the matching serial number.
This new service is being launched in conjunction with the new, low-mintage American Eagle 2019 One Ounce Silver Enhanced Reverse Proof Coin, which will be accompanied from the Mint with COAs bearing a serial number. Collectors and dealers will have an opportunity to submit these coins to PCGS at the Whitman Baltimore Winter Expo, November 14-17, as well as by PCGS’ regular submission procedures.
For each sequentially numbered COA from the Mint, PCGS will process the coin and COA in tandem for certification. The new service entails the encapsulation of both contents in separate slabs that are paired with a declaration of the matching common serial number on their respective certification labels.
“We believe authentication of a matching coin and COA will provide a fitting pedigree for this release for generations to come,” said PCGS President Brett Charville.
This new service is exclusively offered for the American Eagle 2019 One Ounce Silver Enhanced Reverse Proof Coin and is available to all PCGS Collectors Club members and Authorized Dealers. Ensuring the integrity of this program, dual encapsulation services are available only for submissions of sealed boxes from the U.S. Mint to prevent the inadvertent and incorrect dual encapsulation of non-matching reverse proof silver eagles and COA now or at any time in the future.
Here are guidelines and additional details pertaining to the new PCGS dual encapsulation program:
· Only available for the American Eagle 2019 One Ounce Silver Enhanced Reverse Proof coin.
· Coins must be submitted in original sealed government packaging.
· Qualifying coins will be receiving Certificate of Authenticity (COA) number pedigree by default (for example, “COA No. XXXXX”).
· To encapsulate your Mint COA, an additional $15 will be added to the submission fees. Bulk pricing is available for qualifying orders. Contact email@example.com (949) 567-1275.
· No minimum quantity required.
· For the Reverse Proof COA encapsulation, mark “Other” in the service level section of the submission form, indicate “Reverse Proof COA”
· Standard shipping and handling fees apply.
· You must be a PCGS Collectors Club member or PCGS Authorized Dealer to submit directly to PCGS. To join the PCGS Collectors Club, click here.
· For any other questions, please contact PCGS Customer Service Monday through Friday 7:00AM to 5:00PM PST at 1-800-447-8848.
PCGS will be grading the 2019-S Enhanced Reverse proof at the November Baltimore show with a special “Nov. Baltimore” pedigree. In order to qualify for the COA number pedigree, coins must be submitted at the show the same day of Mint purchase with paperwork and receipt.
PCGS will not be encapsulating COA’s at the Baltimore show, but we will be accepting submissions at the show to have your COA encapsulated in-office. Both the coin and COA will need to be submitted together for take home service. If you elect to have your coins graded and returned on-site at the show you will not be able to submit the COA to be paired with the coin at a later date.
To encapsulate your Mint COA, an additional $15 will be added to the submission fees. Bulk pricing is available for qualifying orders. No minimum quantity is required. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org (949) 567-1275.
For information about PCGS products and services, visit www.PCGS.com or call the PCGS customer service department at (800) 447-8848.