The Numismatic Crime Information Center, NCIC, is asking for help in solving two potential Numismatic crimes. The first involves two missing bills while the second deals with several missing coins from a shipment.
The bills missing are two $5,000 notes what were reported stolen or missing by Jhon E. Cash Rare Currency in Highland Village, Texas. The two bills are identified as the following:
- FR#2220-F(FA Block) SN F00000198A ppF PMG VF20
- FR#2221-G(GA Block) SN 00001168A ppD PMG Choice XF45
The company is offering a $5,000 reward for each bill to anyone who can assist in the locating and safe return of the bills. Additionally, a police report has been filed with the Highland Village, Texas police department.
The second report from NCIC is on an extensive list of coins that have been reported missing or stolen. The coins, listed below, were part of a package sent via USPS Express Mail. The package was shipped from Boston to New York but these four coins, two of which are CAC certified, are unaccounted for.
- 1813 1c Classic Large Cent PCGS V30 Cert #38189534
- 1837 10c Small Date No Stars Dime PCGS X40 CAC Cert #38406913
- 1794 50c Flowing Hair Half Dollar PCGS VG10 CAC Cert #4994849
- 1870-CC $1 Seated Liberty Dollar PCGS V20 Cert #38406997
Collectors and dealers are advised to keep these serial numbers handy in case someone attempts to sell these items to you.
Please contact the Numismatic Crime Information Center’s Doug Davis if you have questions or information about any of the cases above. You can reach him at (817) 723-7231, or email him at email@example.com.