The Numismatic Crime Information Center (NCIC) is asking for the public, collectors, and dealers help in locating a missing package in California. The package contained multiple PCGS graded platinum eagles and NGC graded platinum eagles coins and has been missing since last week.
The package in question was shipped via USPS from Fresno, California to Palos Verde, California. However, the last scan of the package shows that it is still in Fresno with no additional scans or indicated movement.
Here is a list of the coins missing that were in the package:
- 2006-W $10 Burnished Platinum Eagle PCGS MS70 (W missing on the label)PCGS 821116.70/24252787
- 2006-W $25 Burnished Platinum Eagle PCGS SP70 PCGS 21126.70/44156997
- 2007-W $50 Burnished Platinum Eagle PCGS MS70 PCGS 150437.70/11916817
- 2 Each of 2007-W 4 Coin $10, $25, $50, $100 Burnished Platinum Eagle NGC MS 70 Early Releases Set NGC Certification Numbers: 3108167-001, 1950801-073, 3108167-002, 1950801-076,3108167-003, 1950801-074, 3108167-004, 1950801-075
- 2008-W $10 Burnished Gold Eagle PCGS SP70 PCGS 393064.70/1525822
Collectors and dealers are asked to be on the look out for these coins as, if they were stolen, the thief could try to get rid of them quickly at a price “too good to be true”. Dealers, coin shop owners, and pawn shop owners in particular are encouraged to be on the look out for one of these rare coins coming into their shop. Given that these coins are all graded by PCGS or NGC, it should make recovery a bit easier if everyone stays on their toes.
If you have any information on these coins or see any of them in your shop or online, you can contact Doug Davis at 817-723-7231 or Doug@numismaticcrimes.org with details. You can also contact your local police department who can contact NCIC.
The Numismatic Crime Information Center is a 501(c)(3) non-profit corporation whose mission is to serve as a national and international resource for collectors, dealers and law enforcement in the education, prevention and investigation of crimes involving coins, paper money, tokens, medals and related numismatic items.