Today’s Deal is on a numismatist must-have book, the A Guide Book of United States Coin Mega Edition. The new 9th edition of the Mega Edition is now over 1500 pages and serves as a definitive resource for coin research, pricing, and history. Today, you can pick up this fantastic addition to your library for $48.56, a savings of 19% off the list price.
US Coin News is an affiliate partner with Amazon. This article contains links that, when clicked and a purchase is made, will generate a small commission to the site. Those commissions are used to help pay for the upkeep and hosting of the site. Thank you.
MEGA RED is the new expanded version of the hobby’s best-selling GUIDE BOOK OF UNITED STATES COINS (the RED BOOK), with more pricing in more grades than the regular edition, plus certified population data, more die varieties, and more auction records. It covers American coinage from colonial times to the modern day―copper tokens and half cents through $20 gold double eagles, plus bullion, commemoratives, Proof and Mint sets, significant patterns and medals, error coins, and other collectibles. It has everything you need to know about U.S. coins.
- More than 9,000 items priced
- 50,000 individual values · up to 13 grades
- Thousands of full-color images
- More than 15,000 auction records
- Striking and sharpness diagnostics for each coin type
- Valuable insight on market conditions
- Detailed study of Proofs, including early gold, silver, and copper types
- Expanded coverage of pattern coins
- In-depth grading instructions by type, with enlarged illustrations
- More die varieties in every denomination
- Close-ups of rare varieties
- The latest numismatic research
- For the specialist: Expanded coverage of colonial coins and tokens • More background on private and territorial gold pieces • Expanded history and explanation of Philippine/U.S. coinage • Special coverage of tokens and medals, the Circulating Collectible Coin Redesign Act of 2020, and the American Women Quarters™ program • In-depth study of gold $2.50 coins