The United States Mint has posted its weekly sales report for April 29-May 5, 2019. In that report, the recently released Kennedy Half Dollar makes a glowing debut while the 2019 Silver Proof Set remains the Mint’s top seller for a third consecutive week.
A reported earlier in the week, the 2019 Kennedy Half Dollar two-roll sets and 200-count bag from both the Denver and Philadelphia Mints. Clearly collectors have taken to them as the two products sold a combined 14,516 units of these products (11,561 two-roll sets and 2,955 bags). That’s a total of 1.053 million coins in the first week, making it the third fastest selling release of these products since 2011.
Put another way, the 2019 Kennedy two-roll sets were the number 2 seller for the week while the bag sales were fourth on the list. That’s impressive given they were event available at the first of this report window.
Still sitting at the top of the sales sheet for the third week in a row is the 2019 Silver Proof Set. The set added another 21,730 units to its overall sales tally, pushing it past a total of 230,000 units (230,256 to be exact). The pace of this year’s Silver Proof Set sales are far outpacing those of 2018.
Here are to Top 10 sellers for the week ending May 5, 2019
- 2019 Silver Proof Set (+21,730)
- 2019 Kennedy Two-Roll Set (+11,561)
- 2019 Proof Set (+5,520)
- 2019 Kennedy 200-Coin Bag (+2,955)
- 2019-W Proof Silver Eagle (+2,248)
- 2019-P Proof Apollo 11 Silver Dollar (+1,293)
- 2019-W $50 American Gold Buffalo Proof Coin (+1,150)
- 2019 Explore and Discover Coin Set (+927)
- 2018-S Proof American Innovation Dollar (+692)
- 2019-P Proof American Legion Silver Dollar (+495)
As a reminder, if you want to view the official report from the US Mint, they publish it each week and it can be found here on the Mint’s site.