The James Madison Presidential Medal, released back on May 6th, has made its debut in this week’s Mint Sales Report. The weekly report is for sales activity from the Mint for the previous seven days, ending on May 12, 2019. The newest Presidential Medal sold 5,790 units for the week, putting it in second in overall sales behind the 2019 Silver Proof Set.
That Proof Set remains the top seller for the Mint. It added another 7,866 units to its overall sales tally, bringing that total up to 238,122 units overall. With this report, the 2019 Silver Proof Set has been the Mint’s top seller for four weeks straight. The rate of sales for this year’s set is far surpassing the 2018 version of the Silver set.
Last week, the new Kennedy Half Dollar two-roll set made its debut as the number 2 seller. This week it fell to number 7, adding just 739 units to its sales total.
Here are the top sellers for the US Mint for the week ending May 12, 2019:
- 2019 Silver Proof Set (+7,866)
- 2019 James Madison Presidential Silver Medal (+5,790)
- 2019 Proof Set (+4,065)
- 2019-W Proof Silver Eagle (+2,000)
- 2019-P Proof Apollo 11 Silver Dollar (+955)
- 2019 Explore and Discover Coin Set (+793)
- 2019 Kennedy Two-Roll Set (+739)
- 2018-S Proof American Innovation Dollar (+620)
- 2018 Mint Set (+504)
- 2019-W $50 American Gold Buffalo Proof Coin (+442)
As a reminder, if you want to view the official report from the US Mint, they publish it each week and it can be found here on the Mint’s site.