The annual Mint Proof Set from the United States Mint will be available starting next week. The 2020 Mint Proof Set is priced at $32.00 this year and will go on sale Thursday, February 27, 2020. Sales will begin at Noon Eastern, 9:00 AM Pacific.
The 2020 Proof Set will have all of the regular production circulating coins that the Mint will produce this year. In total, there are 10 coins in the set, all bearing the “S” San Francisco mint mark. Including in the set will be:
- 2020-S Lincoln Cent
- 2020-S Jefferson Nickel
- 2020-S Roosevelt Dime
- 2020-S National Park of American Samoa (AS) Quarter
- 2020-S Weir Farm National Historic Site (CT) Quarter
- 2020-S Salt River Bay National Historical Park and Ecological Preserve (VI) Quarter
- 2020-S Marsh-Billings-Rockefeller National Historical Park (VT) Quarter
- 2020-S Tallgrass Prairie National Preserve (KS) Quarter
- 2020-S Kennedy Half Dollar
- 2020-S Native American Dollar
In addition to the ten coins in the standard set, in 2020 there will also be a special Proof 2020-W Jefferson Nickel that will come with the set. The Mint announced earlier this year that each of the annual sets (Proof, Silver Proof, and Uncirculated) will come with a variant of the 2020-W Nickel. In each case, the special addition will come in a separate bag from the Mint sealed Proof Sets. Readers will remember that the Mint included a 2019-W Lincoln Cent with the annual sets last year.
The Proof Set for 2020 has no production or mintage limit, nor is there a household limit on the number you can purchase. These sets always make a great gift and are one of the yearly releases that collectors enjoy receiving.
To get more details and to setup a reminder for when the set goes on sale, head to the product page on the Mint’s site.