After months of delay due to COVID-19 (Coronavirus), the United States Mint is set to finally release the Basketball Hall of Fame commemorative products to the public. Sales will begin on June 4th starting at Noon Eastern, 9:00 AM Pacific. In total, there will be seven products commemorating the Hall of Fame ranging from sets for children up to gold coins.
Here is a list of all of the products that will be going on sale June 4th. Note that the production limit and household limit are indicated parenthetically for each item.
- Basketball Hall of Fame 2020 Enhanced Uncirculated Half Dollar Kids Set – $45.00 (75,000/5)
- Basketball Hall of Fame 2020 Proof $5 Gold Coin – $644.50 (50,000 across all products/1)
- Basketball Hall of Fame 2020 Proof Clad Half Dollar – $39.00 (750,000 across all products/None)
- Basketball Hall of Fame 2020 Proof Silver Dollar – $69.00 (400,000 across all products/25)
- Basketball Hall of Fame 2020 Uncirculated $5 Gold Coin – $634.50 (50,000 across all products/1)
- Basketball Hall of Fame 2020 Uncirculated Clad Half Dollar – $37.00 (750,000 across all products/None)
- Basketball Hall of Fame 2020 Uncirculated Silver Dollar – $64.00 (400,000 across all products/25)
All of the commemoratives released on June 4th are to Celebrate the game and the 60th anniversary of the Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame.
Using the links above, you can get to each of the products the Mint plans to sell to get details on each one. Further, you can setup the Remind Me feature to have the Mint send you a text message or email when sales open up next Thursday.
These commemoratives have been one of the more anticipated ones from the Mint recently and are expected to sell well, particularly the silver and gold commemoratives.