Following the release of its silver counterpart this week – on a fortified website that withstood the onslaught of buyers – the United States Mint will open up sales of the 2021-W American Eagle Gold Type-2 Proof series of coins. Sales will begin on the Mint’s site at Noon Eastern on July 29, 2021 with no less than five products set for release that day. All of the American Eagle gold Type-2 products have production and household limits which you will find below.
At the time of this post, the Mint has not posted pricing for any of the five products set for release. As is often the case with gold products, the Mint will not release pricing until the day of release due to fluctuations in the cost of gold bullion.
Here is the rundown of products that are expected to be released on July 29, 2021. You will also find the product and household limits for each product.
- 2021-W American Eagle Gold Proof Four-Coin Set (Product: 10,250/Household Limit: 1) – Price TBD
- 2021-W American Eagle One Ounce Gold Proof Coin (Product: 5,625/Household Limit: 1) – Price TBD
- 2021-W American Eagle One-Half Ounce Gold Proof Coin (Product: 2,000/Household Limit: 1) – Price TBD
- 2021-W American Eagle One-Quarter Ounce Gold Proof Coin (Product: 3,375/Household Limit: 1) – Price TBD
- 2021-W American Eagle One-Tenth Ounce Gold Proof Coin (Product: 10,000/Household Limit: 1) – Price TBD
As readers know, the Mint has announced new Reverse designs for both the gold and silver American Eagle. For the gold American Eagles, the new Reverse design will be used on the one-ounce coin as well as the fractional coins the Mint offers in the series.
The 2021 American Eagle gold Reverse design was designed by Mint Artistic Infusion Program (AIP) designer Jennie Norris. The Reverse will be scuttled by Mint Medallic Artist Renata Gordon.
All of these Type-2 gold American Eagles are expected to sell out within minutes. If you want to pick one up, it is suggested you be on the Mint’s site prior to Noon Easter on July 29.