The United States Mint will begin sales of the 2022 American Women Quarters Program Proof Set next week. the five-coin, single lens set will go on sale starting March 8, 2022 at Noon Eastern, 9:00 AM Pacific. The set is priced at $21.00. As is common with standard Proof Sets offered each year by the Mint, there is no production or mintage limit on this set, nor is there a household limit on the number that can be purchased.
The set will come with a San Francisco minted Proof of each of the five 2022 American Women quarters. This year, the program honors:
- Maya Angelou – celebrated author
- Dr. Sally Ride – physicist and first American woman in space
- Wilma Mankiller – first female Principal Chief of the Cherokee Nation
- Nina Otero-Warren – a leader in New Mexico’s suffrage movement
- Anna May Wong – first Chinese-American film star in Hollywood
Finally, the Mint does offer an Enrollment Program for this Proof Set. You can sign up for the program here which will give you free shipping in when it is released and will assure that you are one of the first to have your ordered fulfilled by the Mint.
The American Women Quarter Program honors American women and their impact on the country. It is a new program that is aimed to run from 2022 to 2025. Each year, five women will be honored in the Reverse designs of the Washington Quarter.