As expected, the 2022 American Women Quarter Program Silver Proof Set sold out within minutes of being released earlier this week. The set, priced at $73.00, is now listed as unavailable on the Mint’s site and there is no indication of when it will be back in stock. With bullion stock and prices continuing to be challenges, it could be some months prior to it returning to the product catalog.
The American Women Quarter Program silver proof set came with a San Francisco minted Proof of each of the five 2022 American Women quarters. All five coins in the single lens are made of 90% silver, unlike the standard proof set which have proof versions of the clad versions of the coins.
This year, the program honors:
- Maya Angelou – celebrated author
- Dr. Sally Ride – physicist and first American woman in space
- Wilma Mankiller – first female Principal Chief of the Cherokee Nation
- Nina Otero-Warren – a leader in New Mexico’s suffrage movement
- Anna May Wong – first Chinese-American film star in Hollywood
In the week prior to its release, the Mint warned that day-of-sale availability would be limited due to demand and the high number of Enrollment Program subscriptions for the set. It was estimated that less than 13,000 sets were available at the time of public release. To make matters more complicated, most of the Enrollment Program options for the American Women Quarter program have already sold out themselves.