The Citizens Coinage Advisory Committee (CCAC) has announced that it is accepting applications for two new members. Applications via email must be submitted no later than 5:00 PM Eastern on Friday, September 2, 2022.
Specifically, CCAC is looking for two members, each with unique qualifications:
- A member who can represent the interests of the general public with regards to United States Coinage
- One who is qualified to serve due to their experience in medallic arts or sculpture.
For more information, please contact Jennifer Warren, United States Mint Liaison to the CCAC; 801 Ninth Street NW; Washington, DC 20220, or call (202) 354-7200.
In total, there are 11 members of the CCAC committee.
About the Citizens Coinage Advisory Committee
In accordance with 31 U.S.C. 5135, the CCAC:
- Advises the Secretary of the Treasury on any theme or design proposals relating to circulating coinage, bullion coinage, Congressional Gold Medals, and national and other medals.
- Advises the Secretary of the Treasury with regards to the events, persons, or places to be commemorated by the issuance of commemorative coins in each of the five calendar years succeeding the year in which a commemorative coin designation is made.
- Makes recommendations with respect to the mintage level for any commemorative coin recommended.
The CCAC was established in 2003 by Congress under Public Law 108-15.