The Numismatic Crime Information Center (NCIC) has asked for help in solving a home burglary of famed Numismatist Ken Bressett. The robbery took place at Bressett’s residence in Colorado Springs, Colorado on November 2, 2019. While nobody was injured in the robbery, a multitude of numismatic items were stolen.
NCIC has published a partial list of the items stolen:
- Nice foreign from China, Japan, India, and Spanish America
- Approximately 20 Sycee silver pieces
- Several very rare Chinese dollars
- Beautiful Auto Dollar
- Awards with the victim’s name inscribed
- Items with the name R.S. Yoeman
- A large amount of gold rings, chains, and earrings
NCIC and the Colorado Springs Police department are working together to solve the case. Collectors and the general public are asked to keep an eye out for any of these items.
Please contact the Numismatic Crime Information Center’s Doug Davis if you have questions or information about the case. You can reach him at (817) 723-7231, or email him at email@example.com.
Ken Bressett is an American numismatist. He has actively promoted the study and hobby of numismatics for over 50 years. Some of his writings include:
- Buying and Selling United States Coins
- United States Coin Price Trends
- Collectible American Coins
- Collecting U.S. Coins
- The Fantastic 1804 Dollar
- A Guide Book of English Coins
- Official ANA Grading Standards for United States Coins
- A Guide Book of United States Coins
- The Handbook of United States Coins
- Guide Book of United States Currency
- Handbook of Ancient Greek and Roman Coins