The United States Mint will begin selling the 2023 American Eagle proof gold coins and sets next week. A total of five products will be available starting at Noon Eastern, 9:00 AM Pacific on March 30, 2023. As is normally the case with gold coin releases by the Mint, the 2023 American Eagle proof gold coins will be limited in production.
Here are the products and links to them on the Mint’s site that will be available. Each listing below will have its mintage and production limits parenthetically next to the price. At the time of this article, the Mint has not released the pricing on any of the products. The Mint will release the official pricing on release day based on the spot bullion price of gold.
- American Eagle Proof 4-Coin Set (Mintage Limit: None/Production Limit: 13,000) – Price To Be Determined
- American Eagle 1-Ounce Proof (Mintage Limit: 22,500/Production Limit: 9,500) – Price To Be Determined
- American Eagle 1/2-Ounce Proof (Mintage Limit: 16,000/Production Limit: 3,000) – Price to Be Determined
- American Eagle 1/25-Ounce Proof (Mintage Limit: 19,000/Production Limit: 6,000) – Price to Be Determined
- American Eagle 1/10-Ounce Proof (Mintage Limit: 31,000/Production Limit: 18,000) – Price To Be Determined
Historically, the 4-coin set tends to be the first to sell out when the gold-proof Eagles are released, and that will likely be the case again. However, all of these products tend to sell out within a few days, so if you want to add them to your collection or portfolio, be sure to be on the Mint’s site on the 30th at Noon Eastern.